Saturday, November 3, 2012

Childhood

Childhood, for me, began in my amazing parents' laps. I have very vivid memories of the special moments, and the funny moments. Memories of the tantrums I threw, and all the fusses I kicked up. Memories of getting hurt while playing, and memories of making games up with my cousins. Memories of my parents, memories of my brother, my cousins, and memories of my family. Family trips, dinners, lunches, and breakfasts during Ramazan.




I remember, when my parents first sent me to kindergarten. There were many kids crying, so my Auntie, showed us this woman in the school and said that she takes away the misbehaved kids. I thought that the woman ate the kids, and cried to my Mum and Dad about it before going to school the second day. I refused to go to school after that, and didn't go to school until the next year. Gotta admit, I'm quite proud of myself. Young me, all resistant and liberal. Y'know. Whatever.

I remember, playing around the house with my cousins. We made up games as we went along, and played in the back of our house where there were loadsa trees. Now and then, I would go running off complaining to my Mum. I got bullied a lot by them, because back then, I was the tiniest person in the house.

I remember, shooting for this song with UNICEF people or something.(Loabivaashey loabidheyshey mammamen, don't bother searching YouTube, it's not there.) I was so angry with them that day, they were taking my playtime, and they also didn't let me wear my pretty high-heeled shoes. And I remember being so embarrassed every time they played that song on TV. Me and my Dad were shown in the end, and they made me say 'Bappa dheke varah loabi vey' or something like that. I am not in to displaying affection, and I was very shy.

I remember the first day of Grade 1, I went to school, and there were so many kids I didn't know. I wasn't much of a social butterfly, so I didn't talk to most of the kids. I wasn't foni or anything, I just didn't like people in general. And sometimes, these older kids would come and ask me 'Are you Athifa Miss's daughter?' I was so proud and say 'Yes, yes I am.'  
My Mum and me: My dad and my brother

I remember, the family picnics. It used to be planned days ahead. Sometimes, it's just an excursion to the moodhu till evening. But my favorite, were the overnights to uninhabited islands. We usually went on boats, but I hated the boat rides. They were too lengthy, and sometimes, I got scared when I cannot see islands from anywhere. But in the end, it was always worth it when I get to have so much fun.



I remember, going to my Dad's parents' house every weekend. I played with my cousins, and listened to stories from my Grandad and ate all the tasty food my Grandma made. I remember, my Mom's parents too. All four of my grandparents, are awesome, each in their own way. And even now, I love them so much and hope they live forever and ever.








I remember, the first day I got a baby brother. It was so cool. I knew my Mum was getting a baby and all, but this one day, when I woke up, my Mum and Dad weren't home and stuff. I was very excited. I don't remember going to the hospital to see the baby, but I remember the first day he came home. It was like this wondrous thing. Little person. Now I had a huge-eyed, little baby boy to share my Mum and Dad with. I became a big sister, with responsibilities and stuff. And me and my brother? Together we became, Isra aai Miuraj. Oh yeah.
Isra aai Miuraj
See, THOSE EYES
My annoying brother


I had an awesome childhood. And all this was thanks to my beautiful family, especially the best parents in my eyes. Mamma and Bappa, I may not say this all the time, but I love you guys to the moon and back. And I am the proud daughter of Saudulla Hameed, and Athifa Saeed.
My parents' wedding


I am glad I was born in to such an amazing family. We may all have gone to different paths as we grew up, but I am sure, we will always stay in each other's hearts. Forever and always. Deep inside, I want to write everybody's name specifically and write down how grateful I am for each and everyone of them. But our family, is such a huge family, and I fear that I might leave someone behind. I would feel so bad if that happens.

But here's to an awesome family, to which I owe gratitude for the amazing childhood I've had. I'm not claiming to be all grown up now, but heey? I have gotten a bit older and stuff. Thank you, amazing people.

My first day
Mom, Dad, My brother and me. 

No comments: